Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Marathon success

We all made it to the finish line of the Disney 1/2 marathon Sat. Going into it, I wasn't real sure how I'd do. I knew Justin and his parents would do great, but didn't have that much confidence in myself. I've heard that the crowds of fans cheering really help get you going, and it is true. I walked most of the way, but always kicked it up a notch for the big crowds. Several people passed me on the way, so I was afraid to look back most of the time. I figured there would be some stragglers, but that I was in the back of the pack and didn't want to get discouraged. We had to go over an overpass with the runners behind you running under it, and when I looked down and saw the hundreds of people still behind me, it was unbeliveably motivating and kept me going until the end. I finished at 3 hrs 19 min. Justin finished at a amazing 2 hrs 38 min and his parents finished around 2 hrs 40 min. We all were quite sore and are just now getting over the soreness, but I'm so proud of us for all finishing strong. Not in a big hurry to do it again, but proud nonetheless.
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment